[pskmail] Re: pskmail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:28:52 +0200

> No, fldigi works structurally with pskmail.
> fldigi-1.342 works with pskmail 0.4
> fldigi-1.38.06 and higher works with pskmail 0.5.
>

> Ok;  But the PSKmailclient/server has to be touched in the startup directory,
> depending on what you're doing?

Yes, you meed a PSKmailserver file (may be empty).

> I mean SMTP relay, not POP.  Unless we're assuming the remote server allows
> POP before SMTP and the outgoing and incoming mailservers are the same.  Does
> this make it more clear what I'm asking?
>

> I'm asking about outbound (to the internet cloud) mail.

OK. That is a problem for the server, this is one of the crytical items.
Most SMTP servers accept mail from their own domain, so they relay mail coming
from the
pskmail server. But you are right, this could become more of a problem in
future.

Rein

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com