[pskmail] Re: problem with gpsd

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:09:31 +0100

Hi Dave,

I have that problem too. Gpsdrive works but nothing else, not even
telnet direct to gpsd. I tried for a long time to get it to work and I
finally gave up. So, I wrote a little script that replaces gpsd.
It works fine and uses 0% cpu on my laptop, Rein reported that it used
13-26% cpu on his laptop so I have been tweaking it to be nicer...
At the moment I have it in a state where it prints everything to the
konsole and I will just make it send output to the .gps file.
I can send it to you sa that you can try if it works for you, would be
interesting to see how much cpu it consumes on your pc.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

--
Pär Crusefalk
Turnévägen 5