[pskmail] ping/getting-started

  • From: David Westbrook <dwestbrook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:06:06 -0400

Could someone explain a little more about the ping functionality?

I'm still just getting start with pskmail -- is ping a good way for a
first-time connection?
if go to a freq (e.g. dial 10.147) and TX a ping at (+1000), then any server
listening on 10.148 will reply -- is that correct?  Does the timing matter?
Will the servers reply anytime or just in designated minutes?

I'm looking for the easiest way to confirm that I can get a connection --
I'm having a hard time telling if it's just 30M propagation issues, or if I
have software issues.  (Using 1.4b7 client on windows)

thanks,
--david
KJ4IZW