[pskmail] Re: new antenna on WB5CON server

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:50:01 +0200

sön 2007-08-26 klockan 17:13 -0500 skrev Fred Reiselt:
> I have finally built a 30/17 meter trap dipole. Drug out the old grid
> dipper to resonate the coaxial traps and have the antenna up about 4
> meters. I'll get it up about 10 to 12 meters in the next week. It is
> oriented for best use to the northeast and southwest. Hopefully this
> will be an improvement over the 80 meter inverted vee that the server
> was on.
>
> I am also installing an old Butternut HF5V, ground mounted. Once I get
> the radials installed and the feedline run through buried conduit, I
> plan on adding an inductor and capacitor setup to add 30 meters, similar
> to the HF6V. Then I can try it on the pskmail server to see which
> antenna is best.
>
> If you have tried the server before without luck, maybe the new antenna
> will make a difference for you.
>
> 73,
> Fred
> wb5con

Hi Fred,

Interesting, I am using a 30 meter horizontal dipole up abt 12-15 meters
on the server here. Results seem pretty good so far and I have intended
to add 17 meter legs to it (fan dipole style). Will be interesting to
hear of your results there.

Interesting also on the Butternut, I have been looking long and hard at
the HF9V... Its a bit expensive here, abt $930, so in the end I ordered
a 12 m/40 ft flagpole with an internal wire instead. I intend to use my
AH-4 ATU with that pole. Will dig down a lot of radials. Would be
interesting to hear of your results on that Butternut anyway, I'm still
interested but it really is a bit expensive (here).