[pskmail] Re: new FAQ page for jpskmail-0.3.7

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:24:34 +0200

Rein,

> This is looking good. Can you give us an idea of the goodies that 0.3.
> 7 will bring?

Amongst others twitter send and receive, built-in map, automatic link to
server,
'universal' installer...

> Also looking at the link status indicator caption I have to admit I
> am a bit confused about the link between state and color coding:
>
> 1. On the unconnected set, what is the entry colour before we link or
> connect: is it grey or pink (no link to server)?

Before connect or linking the link indicator is pink (warning, no link).
The program sends a link request on startup, so it should be default grey in
normal cases.
A link is established on  connect or on link request/ack.

> 2. On the connected set, I suspect that Red is when the server is
> polling because it is missing the client response not because it is
> idle and sending polls to keep the link up, in which case it would be
> green. Is that correct?

That is correct. Also because the server is only polling when the client status
is missing.
The connection is kept alive by the server sending status packets.
A poll tells the client to send status only because it is missing.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com