[pskmail] Re: [morse] Re: PI4TUE down next weekend

  • From: Walt DuBose <dubose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin <pa3dsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 13:46:18 -0600

Well I dont' have a space restriction and need an omni-directional antenna.

I really don't know if I want a NVIS pattern or low angle pattern. In either case, I want an omni-directional pattern.

I had thought about a turnstile antenna with 1/2 wavelength elements fed at 1/2 to 5/8 wavelength above ground so it would be omni-directional and would have a moderately low angle of radiation.

I could put the antenna up at 50 ft on my tower and put one 1/4 wavelength element of the antenna off of each leg of the tower and fed with RG-11 coax with a 75 ohm to 50 ohm balun type transformer before going to the transmitter.

The transmitter would probably be a QRP transceiver running into a 100 watt linear the power output would be about 60-80 watts PEP.

Walt/K5YFW

martin wrote:
My opinion the best for single band operation is a magnetic loop.

martin pa3dsc

The PI4TUE pskmail server will take a weekend off on the 3rd and 4th of
March.

Reason is that the contest crew of PI4TUE will try to win the ARRL DX
SSB contest.
They produce 1.5 kW and the 40 meters dipole is about parallel to the
30m dipole of the server,
so the server will get a break.

The server will be back 5th of March 00.00 UTC

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

Holy RF overeload Batman!!!!

A questions...which do you think is better for a 30M PSKMail server...a
1/2
wavelength dipole at 1/2 wavelength of more AGL, a 1/2 wavelength dipole a
less
than 1/2 wavelength AGL, or a vertical at 1/2 wavelength AGL?

73,

Walt/K5YFW