[pskmail] Re: more on frequency changing by itself

  • From: roger g6ckr <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:30:23 +0000

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 08:02 -0800, kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [...]
Alpha / Beta is limited to the testers.
There have sometimes been 2 or more releases in a day if a bug was
picked up quickly and fixed the same day or if a suggestion has been
made and Dave has leapt on it as a quick win. With that frequency
letting them loose in the wild would be a nightmare even given that most
of the releases are RC standard really.
> Interesting aside - Ubuntu has fldigi in their repositories, but I
> guess whomever maintains them isn't interested enough to keep it
> updated. They only have 2.something, and fldigi has been 3  for at
> least several months now, I think.
The binaries work fine in Ubuntu 8.04 and now 8.10.
They have to because I bill myself as the "out of the box" Alpha
tester ;-) I don't do compile unless desperate and then I need
instructions.

I have let slip testing PSKmail with the alpha's but the dark winter
nights are now on us so I may get back to doing a bit more on that
front.

My feeling is we can't be that far from an Fldigi upgrade not that I
have any inside knowledge

73 Roger G6CKR
For the Fldigi alpha team.