[pskmail] Re: mail attachments

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:13:12 +0100

Hi Rein

I have completed the test on email attach. This is test result.

- receiving email with attach

A second test, with a binary attach, leave an incomplete message in
Inbox and no file saved in Files directory. I will investigate
tomorrow for this.

Difference is only for Compressed OTA in mail setting tab.
If Compressed OTA is unchecked attach go to ~/.pskmail as a 3 bytes file and Inbox message is without attach.

If Compressed OTA is checked attach go to ~/.pskmail/Files as a correct file and Inbox message contain attach without

header.

- deleting mail

when I request a mail delete a message go to server with ~DELETE 11
and on server window there is a message
::Mail 11 deleted...
but no activity with gmail. And on gmail mail are not deleted.

Today delete on server is working as needed. May be a Gmail problem?

So, at the end of this test, your change to email attach processing need to be extended for unchecked Compressed OTA and need addition of required header line to Inbox (may be a server change)

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW