[pskmail] Re: livecd & vnc

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:57:30 -0500

Hello All, Pär Rein,
We are finishing our PSK server for latina america, but for the
implementation of the PSK125, we need the patches. We will not istall
the live CD but the server on harddisk. Can you help us out??
thanks Karel
By the way Pär, Dmitry has released a new version of the RFSM2400,
implementing something like FTP. Aslo he released a dumbterminal
version of the program. this would make it possible to integrate in
the PSKmail?

HC1AKP

2006/12/30, Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Pär Crusefalk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you enter localhost:1 in the remote viewer then you are pointing the
> viewer to the local host and not the one with the server. You will need
> to find out the ip address of the machine running the vnc server, in my
> case it was 192.168.0.248 so I connect to it using:
> vncviewer 192.168.0.248:1
>
> Also, you will probably need to run vncpasswd first to set a password
> for your session. I have tested vncserver for the 061219 distro and it
> works fine.
>
> 73 de Per, sm0rwo

Thanks Per, I needed to add the :1 . As you can tell I'm not good at
VNC, never really had a need to use it. 73

Ed W3NR