[pskmail] Re: livecd & vnc

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:17:12 -0500

Pär Crusefalk wrote:
Hi,

If you enter localhost:1 in the remote viewer then you are pointing the
viewer to the local host and not the one with the server. You will need
to find out the ip address of the machine running the vnc server, in my
case it was 192.168.0.248 so I connect to it using: vncviewer 192.168.0.248:1

Also, you will probably need to run vncpasswd first to set a password
for your session. I have tested vncserver for the 061219 distro and it
works fine.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

Thanks Per, I needed to add the :1 . As you can tell I'm not good at VNC, never really had a need to use it. 73

Ed W3NR