[pskmail] Re: liveCD under Windows

  • From: "Chris Danis" <cgd3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:28:17 -0500

On 1/21/07, Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Great that you managed to install using those instructions, Rich Hudgins
N5ALE did a good job writing them. Regarding your problem I must begin
by saying that I have not run it with two soundcards, all my pc's are
only equipped with one card. Anyway, I suggest that you start drakconf
(I think the shortcut is "configure your computer") and have a look at
harddrake within the hardware tab. There you should be able to see both
of your cards and check how they are configured. If you need to
reconfigure anything then you can do that there. You can check that
linux can see the cards through vmware anyway and there are wizards to
help you out.

I would also suggest checking whatever configuration VMware has.  I
don't have VMware Player and I'm not on an internet connection right
now where I can download it and check it out easily, but VMware always
has some controls that set what pieces of your actual hardware get
mapped to virtual devices in the virtual machine.  It may only map one
sound card through to Linux by default.

best,
-chris