[pskmail] jpskmail questions

  • From: "Eric W. Davenport" <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:30:57 -0400

Good Afternoon,

I have finally gotten jpskmail installed.

I am running Ubuntu 810

I needed to install Java, I could not determine which version so I installed OpenJre first.

The program would not start and gave all kinds of link errors.

I then installed SunJre and still got the errors until I ran the fix that fixes the links.

Ok so now I am running. I have WB5CON as my server. I am running fldigi 3.12 my receiver is set to 10148 DIG mode on FT857.

Fldigi displays in the water fall from 10148 down to 10145. The waterfall only indicates noise from about 10147.5.

I have not heard anything other than short bursts of what I believe is packet not psk250, but it may be the same.

I have now moved my frequency up to 10149 to monitor and see if I can see anything.

  1. My question is this if I set my radio to 10148 and my sweet spot
     is 1000hz then where should the marker in fldigi be at.
  2. When I launch JPSKMAIL it keys the radio and appears to be setting
things. 1. It does not set the mode.
        2. It does not position the frequency marker in the waterfall.
  3. Should I be able to see beacons?
  4. Do we share the frequency with packet?  The obvious answer is we
     could be but my question should probably be does PSK250 sound like
     Packet.

I ask these questions because I do not want to make assumptions.

Your help is appreciated.

--
Eric W. Davenport
Cert-In Software Systems, Inc.