[pskmail] jpskmail 0.9.3 alpha testing

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:28:28 +0200

Hi all,

The new installers are here at the moment:
http://www.crusefalk.se/jpskmailinstall/
I'm sure they will be on all the mirrors shortly too.

Lots of stuff has been changed and we are heading for a more stable v1.0
release that we hope to leave untouched for a while. Perhaps thats just
a dream but if we can all test this version in as many ways as possible
then we will surely make it a much better application and release
something really, really good as version 1  :-).

In order to make sure we have tested all versions and scenarios we can I
have created a simple spreadsheet at google docs. I intend to test all
my systems and write a short report there, the sheet is open for all now
and it would be great if testers could write a new row with your
experiences after testing.
The test spreadsheet is here: http://goo.gl/YAVNe
At the moment its open for all...

A few known issues:
- Translation issues within preferences, perhaps we should not
internationalize that at all (comments welcome)
- Email grid updates after any clear command but not when new email or
headers are received (I had the session file up and was about to add it
but decided it could wait for the next release).
- Save of config parameters has been shaky. I have added default
parameters to avoid some exceptions while reading those. Lets hope that
took care of any remaining issues.

73 de Per
SM0RWO