[pskmail] Re: jpskmail 0.3.8 beta test

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:59:13 +1100

Rein,

On the re-send of missing blocks issue, without testing, just by looking at
the server's code, may I suggest the following changes in "sub
handle_rxqueue":

1. move the "$cntruns++;" statement in the else part of the test for good
frames. The logic being is that we would stop after having found 8 missing
blocks, not just after checking 8 positions for missing blocks. The current
code is consistent with the behaviour I found: only the first few missing
blocks are requested, not all (or at least up to 8) of the missing blocks.

2. I think we should remove the section below, since it is possible to have
missed 8 blocks, but received the status block OK, or have accumulated 8
missing blocks. The test in 1 above would in any case limit the number of
missing blocks (there is also a missing string truncation for that purpose):

    if (length ($MissString) == 8 && $Iamserver) {
        $MissString = "";
        $HisLastblock = $Goodblock;
    }

Sorry but I don't have time to test that code.

Regards,

john