[pskmail] jpskmail 0.2.2

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:21:00 +0100

Hi all,

Here is a new and improved version of the java pskmail client!

What has changed:
- Improved GPS support, more on that further down.
- Beacon will now send course and speed if gps data is available
- Mail headers are now stored
- QTC? button will now ask for the right headers
- Clear mail headers works
- A rudimentary "new Mail" routine is in there (being developed)

Regarding the improved GPS support I have noticed that my Garmin and my
usb gps use differing versions of the NMEA protocol. Release 2.3 of NMEA
has apparently added a field to the $GPRMC (Recommended Minimum)
message. I was not aware of that and double checked my implementation
using the new usb gps, that meant the older GPS didn't work.
Now both versions work and I have left some space for other unknown
versions as well :-)