[pskmail] Re: jPSKmail-2.0.24 alpha test version - how to install?

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:39:58 +0100

Hi Franz,

Two things.
1. Remove configuration.xml

configuration.xml is the file where your settings are saved. It is not handled the same way in version 1.5.x as in version two and above. If you have used version 1.5.x on that pc then you need to remove or move it before you use version 2.
The file is within ~/.pskmail

2. Don't sudo

Nuff said ;-).

The third issue I see there is an rxtx error and that can be caused by missing libs or configuration.xml. Try the first two steps and then we can see if you still have issues. As for manual I recommend using the installers for version 2 and just replace the jar whenever it's updated.

73, Per
sm0rwo

2012-12-22 18:20, Franz Rohrauer skrev:
Dear all,

I intend to test jPSKmail-2.0.24 alpha test version, but I get a lot of
error-messages:

admin@desktop_lmde_32bit ~ $ sudo java -jar jPSKmail-2.0.24.jar
[sudo] password for admin:
Configuration.xml
jPSKmail ends here...
gnu/io/SerialPortEventListener
        at javapskmail.Main.handlegps(Main.java:1935)
        at javapskmail.Main.main(Main.java:373)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: gnu.io.SerialPortEventListener
        ... 2 more

My Java-version:
admin@desktop_lmde_32bit ~ $ java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

Is there any manual, how to install?

tnx, vy 73 and merry christmas

Franz, oe5rtl