[pskmail] Re: jPSKmail-2.0.1 ?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:42:17 +0100 (CET)

jPSKmail-2.0.1 is only for experimenting, it is pre-alpha...

The last beta of jPSKmail-1.4 is jPSKmail-1.4b7, and that is so stable we shouild promotte it to an
official release...

jPSKmail-2.0 is in the process of getting the full mode set, at the moment only
raw PSK and PSK-R modes are supported, which do not cater for NVIS and multi-path situations.

So for new users I would suggest you use server 1.4.12 and client jPSKmaill-1.4b7.

PS: I am fighting myself through the pointer-mess of C++ at the moment.
Was about time  learned that, and the more I dig into it the less I understand
why people are actually using it. I'd prefer to stay with C where perl cannot be used...

Is jPSKmail-2.0.1 on PSKMaildownloads the official release of Beta7, or should I still download and install Beta7?

I'm going to suggest to a small group of interested users that we hold a pskmail 'net' that will allow us to try some client to client contacts as well.  I want to be sure we are all using compatible software.

Thanks for all the intense work done by 'the programmers' -- I guess that is Rein, Per, and John?  Without that, I'd be at a complete loss!  I tried to Skype in on the conference call last week, but we had very poor internet service where we were staying.  Maybe next time.

73, Gil WB5RFQ

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
pskmail.org->PSKMaildownloads->Beta7
The file is called javapskmail.jar and you copy it over the old one...
Pse use only 1.4b7 for testing, as it takes me too much time to check older
versions... We should probably officially release it now.

Rein

--
Gilbert A Franke
361 442 6008 (cell)