[pskmail] Re: jPSKMail 1.4 question

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:34:12 +0100 (CET)

If you look at the modes you selected, you will see that you did not select PSK250.
Try to select PSK250, PSk250R, PSK125R, THOR22, then fix the list with the button.
After that you can set the default mode to PSK250 with the 'Def. mode' spinner.
After leaving the screen with OK, both the mpde table and the default mode will
be stored.

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Hi
I am setting up boat mobile station for my friend. ICOM 7200 , tuner AH4, antenna all works great. I installed Ubuntu 11.10 on laptop, downloaded latest ver of Fldigi, I am not ready to jump into jPSKMail 2.0 yet, since my friend has limited ability to solve problems while sailing across Atlantic, I prefer stable version, so I downloaded jPSKmail 1.4.
Easy set-up, but, when I set up mode on jPSKmail to PSK250, it switch in jPSKMail, as well as in Fldigi, but whan I try to Ping, connect, or whatever it switch me to PSK500.
Here is my setup:
Mode: Mail/APRS
            PSK250
Preferences \ Edit \ Modes :
PSK500, PSK500R, PSK250R,MFSK32,THOR22,MFSK16,THOR8 are marked with default mode PSK500 - so I suspect here is a problem, I can not change this setting. When I mark PSK250, and save, and open this file again, still I have same setting without change. Options for default mode are limited without PSK250, so I can not set it the correct way.

Hmm, what am I missing??

73
Robert
KB2PNM