[pskmail] Re: integrating Winmor TNC

  • From: karel Fassotte <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:32:04 -0500

Hello all, Rein,
To make real comparison with PSKmail we have to consider the wave form and
the way the waveform choise is handled.

The WINMOR protocol uses basic OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division
Multiplexing) modulation and a number of modulation modes and error
correction
schemes to adapt to changing channel conditions.
There  are currently 2 operating bandwidths of 500 and 1600 Hz (@ 26 db
below peak power output:
-500 Hz BW 2 carriers 46.875 Baud 4FSK or 93.75 baud PSK using TCM
4PSK, 8PSK or 16PSK
-1600 Hz BW 8 carriers 46.875 Baud 4FSK or 93.75 baud PSK using TCM
4PSK, 8PSK or 16PSK.
I tested winmor in a NVIS link, without any interferece in Ecuador and 2.5KB
message was transfered in 80 seconds. No only once
but concequently. Without compression. In my opinion the OFDM multicarrier
PSK waveform is more effective than the BPSK, PSK mail is using.
What I am asking is to consider integrating these waveforms in PSKmail, to
make it even more robust and faster.
The specifications of winmor are known, the software is closed code, but may
the binary of the TNC can be bounded to PSKmail as FLDIGI modem does.

OK go ahead.

greetings
HC1AKP