[pskmail] Re: frustration ....

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:59:40 +0200

Very frustrating indeed Wolf,

I am in the luxurious position that I can work all 3 servers with S7-9 signals
from here.
Sometimes there is a lot of qsb but generally I can work from 8:00 to 23:00
local.
Last week I worked from my boat in Northern Holland and could hear only
IS0GRB-3 and SM0RWO,
both with S6-8 signals. No sign of PI4TUE, the skip was too short.
To work PI4TUE at that distance I need to use 80 meters NVIS. That works within
a circle of 300 km, also
during day time.

We are working towards setting up a server on 80 meters here near Eindhoven
(PA0SON),
possibly also scanning 40 and 10 meters. That will definitely increase coverage.

Maybe you can try some other bands with Per?

With regard to setting up a server, is there a possibility to set one up at a
club station?

73,

Rein Pa0R

--