[pskmail] Re: fldigi on IBM

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 06:05:45 -0500

sanson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
testing the live CD installed on IBM PC and found the fldigi waterfall
displaying receved psk audio at 500 Hz.
found that when fldigi TX audio tones are at 2000 Hz
also cannot get the ptt to operate.
previous server on this machine was a working correctly GMFSK live CD server
install.

Installed version (2 wks ago) is PSKmail 2.6 / fldigi 1.11

I have now manually replaced the fldigi binary with ver 1.23 non-hamlib and it
runs - but the same problems with decoding half freq / modulating double freq.
and no ptt control

The client PC is a Tosiba Tecra clone running on the live CD and operates
correctly except the ptt which I have to use a USB-serial port device. this
device works on windows mode (yuck)

I have searched the fldigi site dont see any reference to this issue (other
than downloading the 1.23 which should have helped the ptt issue.

Thanks,

Ralph ZL1TBG

I would suggest renaming your fldigi.def file, restart fldigi and generate a new .def file. The fldigi.def contains the user settings.

HTH

Ed W3NR