[pskmail] Re: first attempt to connect to VE7SUN

  • From: "Kyle Kienapfel" <doctor.whom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:25:18 -0700

Is there much advantage gained in running pskmail servers off of livecds?

I guess a better question is how bleeding edge are the software components?

Looking at the Ubuntu 5 section of the server install, I'm wondering if the
openssl sillyness about needing to compile your own still applies.

I'm just thinking towards being able to remotely update VE7SUN as I'm the
resident linux expert for the club :)

On 3/16/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The new server has a problem with reconnect, which I discovered just
before I
started the return trip from Spain..

The workaround is to let the server time out until it sends a disconnect
and
then connect again. Then it works fine, although it is a nuisance.

This is nr. 1 on the bug list, and it will be repaired this coming
weekend.
Other known bugs of server version 0.2.9-4:
* There is a problem with the From: address when you send a Pskmail email
message.
   It takes the address of the last station connected instead of the
station sending the message.
* There is also a problem with using fldigi 1.3, which has a lead time
between carrier on and
start of the first character which is far too long.

These pskmail related bugs will be tackled asap now, the cause is known.
This was broken when I tried to tune the protocol to the higher speed of
PSK125...

This stuff is still experimental :)

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com