[pskmail] feedback

  • From: "Gunnar Bulukin" <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:03:36 +0200

Hi,

After a lot of brainstorming together with Per (thanks Per for allowing me
to disturb you all the time at work) we finally got my server up working
again.
The rig is now controlled by the server only using the setting that I got
from Rain for the IC-7200. RigCAt and HamLib is turned of.
The IC7200, with the new version and having the setting at the end of
freq.txt USB,USB,USB,USB,USB, made the rig turn of the data mode.
>This was something new having these settings with the 1.5 version with no
problem. Taking it away in the new installation (1.8, latest fldigi and
Ubuntu 12,04) made everything much better I noticed BUT one can newer be
totally happy after 6h fldifi  froze again!! So in a way I am back at square
one again!!!

Well I do not know what to do now! Burn it all up? I am more and more
guessing that this is not only a software problem but can be related to the
hardware. Maybe one rainy day I will install it all on an other computer to
see if there is any change.
The summer, when and if it comes, is to short to sit in the "spaceship" (as
my wife calls it) and fiddle around with computers or as Franz OE5RTL wrote:
"Have to go gardening now, my wife had broken her left leg, so I can not
spend much time for our wonderful hobby..." (hopes she gets better soon!)

I think it would be nice with a brainstorming meeting via Skype asap to
figure out the next step. Rein and Per has updated their systems and fldigi
is not freezing for them. Franz had these problems all the time and maybe we
can get some feedback from him if he updates to the new system. If he also
gets a freezing fldigi, then we have to units behaving the same way and we
can then start checking our hardware!?

Any other interesting ideas???

73 de Gunnar