[pskmail] Re: evolution <> postfix <> PSKmail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:03:39 +0200

Martin,

From pskmail to evolution we use ~/mail/Inbox (file with mbox structure).
For this to work you add an extra account in evolution with protocol 'none'.
In "general config" you enable "include unix spool" and point to ~/mail/Inbox

From evolution to pskmail you use the ~/mail/Outbox directory.
There is a small script (getoutmail.pl) which gets the mails from the
postfix queue and puts them into Outbox in the right format so you can use
the 'send' button in pskmail to upload them to the SMTP agent in the server.

The script can run in a cron job which has to run as root (postfix does not
allow
user access). The script will only run when the pskmail client is running.
That way you can use evolution to either send via internet or via pskmail.
I run it every 5 minutes.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com