[pskmail] Re: cron to start pskmail server

  • From: Franz Rohrauer <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:47:55 +0200

Per,

I had same troubles with fldigi. Dave, w1hkj told me to update to version 3.21.81 and to run it with a debugger. Now it works for 4 weeks without any crash...

73, Franz,
oe5rtl

Am 2014-06-03 10:20, schrieb Pär Crusefalk:
That is a good idea. Actually, as fldigi is such complete crap I'd like
a script that can check if fldigi is locked up or completely crashed and
relaunch it every hour or so (it's always crashed when I check the
server). Wasn't there such a function a while back? Anyone happen to
have a script somewhere I can modify?

73, Per
sm0rwo

A Mulder (Redacted sender amulder@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) skrev 2014-06-03
09:58:
Hello Greg,

Try adding DISPLAY=:0 to the top of your cron file instead.

Regards,

Alex

  Subject: [pskmail] cron to start pskmail server
  To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Monday, June 2, 2014, 8:40 AM
I am attempting to get server to
  start in cron but as of yet only get a terminal with no
  output. Any help appreciated!
Using export DISPLAY=:0 && lxterminal -e "pskmail_server" where "pskmail_server" (without quotes) works correctly in a
  terminal now. Just not with the cron command.
Greg
  KB1NCJ