[pskmail] Re: client 1.5.9

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:59:05 +0200

Thank you Glenn.

There must be something else.
$smtptlsport is set, $popsslport and$smtpsslport are not used by rflinkserver.pl. At least as far as I can see.

73, Klaus DL4OAH
Hello Klaus,
I had considerable trouble with gmail on my server. After some investigating on their website, I came across certain information that they use. Here is how I have mine set now, and it works fine.
I hope this is helpful, very 73 Glenn WB2LMV

$relay = "smtp.gmail.com <http://smtp.gmail.com/>";
$smtphelo = "gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>";
$popsslport = 995;
$smtptlsport = 587;
$smtpsslport = 465;
$smtpauthlevel = 2;
$smtptlsuser = "wb2lmv\@gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>";
$smtptlspass = "mypassword";

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello,
    observations with client 1.5.9, server 1.7.1:

    1.
    If the server has no record in the database, it should clearly
    tell the client.
    2.
    If the record is there, I still get the message "No passwrd
    set...", but I can fetch emails. See below.
    3.
    I cannot send emails, although the server settings should be ok.
    See below
    I remember something about a smtp test script. Where can I find it?

    73, Klaus DL4OAH

    CONNECTION.....
    Waiting in outbox:1
    Incomplete downloads:6
    DL4OAH-8 1.7.1-13:52:19-IM672>
    Cannot find any mail
    No passwrd set...
    ^U
    Receiving record
    Updated database for DL4OAH
    ~Quit

    NEW CONNECTION.......
    Waiting in outbox:1
    Incomplete downloads:6
    DL4OAH-8 1.7.1-13:58:00-IM80>
    Cannot find any mail
    No passwrd set...
    Sorry, only 1 mails

    CLEAR HEADERS and QTC and FETCH MESSAGE: all OK

    SEND (mail in OUTBOX)......

    FINALLY TIMEOUT, MAIL IS NEVER SENT......

    relevant part of servers pskmailrc.pl <http://pskmailrc.pl>:

    relay = "smtp.gmail.com <http://smtp.gmail.com>";
    $smtphelo = 'gmail.com <http://gmail.com>';
    $smtpauthlevel = 2;