[pskmail] Re: What are the android teephone pskmail tested?

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:26:48 +1100

Frederic,

Correction on the CPU load: I really do get close to 100% on PSK500 (and
much less on slower modes. It is almost proportional).

I have corrected my CPU load indicator logic but unfortunately the original
results were right.

So it means that the faster the CPU (which is not necessarily the CPU with
the fastest clock, see the benchmark I sent before), the more it will be
able to handle multiple tasks and faster modes when we add THOR and others.

I still have to do some optimisation in the PSK receive code that I expect
will bring gains of about 50%, but still a CPU at 50% load is still fairly
loaded.

Looking at the most recent devices versus the old ones (roughly equivalent
to my phone), the ratio in the benchmarks is a factor of 10 both for
javascript and browsing therefore that will translate in better performance
(even if not 10X faster) for what we are doing.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

John.