[pskmail] What I can see/hear on my server

  • From: Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

Just few lines of update with some questions (like always).

1/ I was able to install missing Perl module Crypt/DH.pm. It took God know how
long to do it, I started before leaving for work when I checked during the
lunch module was installed, well we just have to be patient. That module was
shown as missing by Perl when I was trying to run my server in ver 1.4.6.
 I am happy with the current stable version, so will stick for now with 1.0.42.

2/ My server see few thinks that I  (again ) can not explain for sure.

"23:10 UTC Sep-29-2011: Sending beacon
busy...
Message_out:
00uKB2PNM:26 !3543.59NP07948.71W&D00B
-
I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
Adding server AB9FT to list..."

--So what happened here? My understanding is: my server tries to send beacon,
channel is busy , so wait and finally sends it. Beacon  was received by AB9FT
and ??
On Fldigi I see " QSL KB2PNM de AB9FT.." in my terminal window I see "Adding
server AB9FT to list..." so AB9FT hear my beacon and responded with QSL adding
my server to the list of servers, is that correct??

Another exchange:

"beacon:AB9FT
22:50 UTC Sep-29-2011: > Unproto: AB9FT:26 !4344.40NP08743.49W&

22:50 UTC Sep-29-2011: Send>APRS-IS:AB9FT>PSKAPR,TCPIP*:!4344.40NP08743.49W&"

So this is APRS message from AB9FT that I received, what happend here:
Send->APRS-IS...... Was my server sending APRS message over TCP/IP to the net??

 And similar scenario:

"beacon:K4RST
17:59 UTC Sep-29-2011: > Unproto: K4RST:6 (C9WtNh  y
Message_out:
QSL K4RST de KB2PNM AA04-
setting link record: K4RST,9038
setting link record: K4RST,0
18:00 UTC Sep-29-2011:
Send>APRS-IS:K4RST>PSKAPR,TCPIP*:!3525.55N/08446.72Wy000/000/"

Setting link record indicate ?? That K4RST was linking with my server??

Sorry about these probably very basic questions but if I want to promote
PSKMail ( which I am intented to do) I need to understand it.

And just one more question, I understand also that if  I want to have my
station running on two different frequencies (30 meters and 20 meters) I need
do scanning mode with two frequences or two separate sets of radio antenna,
computer for 2 different frequencies. Now, server running on two different
radios must be different, separate or could be the same one, I think the answer
is two seperate server for two different radios, correct??

Thanks again, and I am so glad that we start having some activity on PSKMail,
it is great !!

73
Robert
KB2PNM