[pskmail] Re: We all knew this was coming....

Hi Jack,

I agree that a backup system is a wise move but it does not need to be HF.

I consider an EPIRB and a system like the inReach as a reliable and
effective combination allowing highly reliable but crude emergency trigger
with the EPIRB and more refined two way communication with the inReach.

The total weight and space used are also a factor in portable situations.

Beyond this there is always the pleasure of operating a radio in portable
situations, but that is a different question.

73, John