[pskmail] Version 0.4 is ready.

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:32:37 +0200

I have uploaded version 0.4 of server and client to the download site:
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail

Main achievement is a vastly improved TTY (chat) mode for the client, and also
a new compression scheme which does not rely on a dictionary (paq8).
The status information in the client GUI has been improved.

I would advise you to upgrade to version 0.4, and don't forget to
put the paq8l and (un)paq864 executables into the working directory.
cbh compression is not used anymore in the new client.

Files to be replaced on the server:
arq.pm
rflinkserver.pl
paq8l (add)
paq864 (add)
testfile (add)
change the beacon text to represent version 0.4 (pskmailrc.pl)

Files to be replaced in the client (~/mail directory):
arq.pm
rflinkclient.pl
psk_arq.pl
PSKmail.glade
paq8l (add)
unpaq864 (add)

The arq.pm library has had some more bugs removed :)

Thet SVN repository has been updated.

Have fun!

Hint:
Instead of having fldigi on screen all the time you can use
'tail -f -s 0.1 gMFSK.log' in a terminal. Fldigi has no capability to copy from
the
RX screen...

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com