[pskmail] Re: Various subjects

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:20:10 +0100

Hi John,

For the user guide/manual I would like to add a simple table showing all
the modes with their respective characteristics and a few hints about
how to use them best. I know we discussed the inclusion of an
interleaver and fec for the robust modes but I'm not sure where you
landed with regards to the size etc. Would you mind filling in the
blanks if I send you a table showing the modes available?

While on the subject of new modes I wonder if you have looked any at
MIL-STD-188-110 and the autobaud feature? In short its a better RSID as
its in PSK and is sent at the start of each frame. It details speed and
interleaver size etc. In general I think the idea of a mode id is the
right one but perhaps it is already done (and better). RS ID is nice and
all but its not always received and understood.
Making it possible to adapt the interleaver size could help avoid fade
trouble (short interleaver is then better as not all frames get
scrambled).