[pskmail] Urpmi repository for fldigi and hamlib

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:41:45 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

There recently was sort of an os bashing contest on the linuxham group
on yahoo. Some had trouble installing fldigi and were a bit confused abt
the differences between an installer.exe and an application.exe on that
other os ("when I click the application it installs itself and I never
have any problems on that os"). So, after having unpacked fldigi I guess
they assumed an installer would present itself when launching the fldigi
binary (instead nothing happened, could have been a missing hamlib).
So I have put together an urpmi source for Mandriva, it contains fldigi
and hamlib rpm's.
You can add that source by pasting the following in a console as root:
urpmi.addmedia hamsoft http://www.crusefalk.se/repo/media/hamsoft with
media_info/hdlist.cz

Installing fldigi is just then a simple matter of entering:
urpmi fldigi
Or you could use the graphical tools of course. Either way it will ask
if it should fetch and install hamlib for you (answer yes to proceed).

Pse let me know if you find this useful (or have trouble). Perhaps I
should pack the compiled pskmail client and add that too?