[pskmail] Re: Updated server scan

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:33:17 +0100

Hi Steve and all,

Well, correct fq is a real issue. I have used PI4TUE as a reference when
tuning (wanted the servers on the same fq) and I have to offset my VFO
30 Hz high. So, if I had just used the readout then a QSO would not have
been possible. When I go mobile I use an FT-817 and to get the correct
fq I listen to a beacon and tune from there (yes, there is an offset
there as well). I guess what I'm saying is that ham rigs aren't very
accurate, especially in a mixed environment with several makes of rigs.
The only possible way to get a qso is probably to listen to a beacon and
tune from there. Or, check our rigs against a known fq reference and
apply a local offset.

A local setup sounds very wise, fq accuracy would be easier to handle
and get a grip on then. Perhaps Dominoex is a better mode for ham rigs ?

73 de Per, sm0rwo

--
Pär Crusefalk
Turnévägen 5