[pskmail] Re: Updated client installers

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 16:03:49 +1100

Hi Jean-Claude,

Meilleurs Voeux pour la nouvelle année.

Between the installers of the same version, only the javapskmail.jar
file will change.

So an other option for getting the latest is to download the .jar file
from the hermes server, under the alpha directory you will find the
latest .jar file.

Just download it over the existing one. By default it is in the
C:\Program Files\jPSKmail\ directory unless you chose an alternative
directory at install time.

You can even rename the old .jar file and run the previous versions
that way if you want to be able to compare them.

In Windows you can simply double-click on the javapskmail.jar file to
launch it, making it easy to launch previously renamed .jar files.

Personally I always keep a couple of older, found to be reliable
versions, just in case.

Hope this helps,

Best 73's,

John