[pskmail] U.S.A Server

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PSKmail <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:47:54 -0500

I have tried without much success to monitor/hear the EU servers. But as we all are aware the present band conditions are not cooperating. Without a server here in the US, pskmail is just not going to be a viable avenue for email. Both Rein and Per have put countless hours and work into this project. I have been following the development of pskmail on Rein's blog for quite a while.

I will gladly volunteer to help set up a server here in the US as best I can. In the meantime after the holidays I'm planning on experimenting with a server on my own. It will not be a full time server, but hope to get some input as to whether it is working or not. It will be a rather simple setup, probably 30 meters, maybe 20. Any thoughts.

In the mean time, if any US hams are trying to see if the bands are open to EU, I will suggest looking at IBP software. It should be included in most distros, but not sure if it is on the live CD. This is a monitoring app for the world-wide propagation beacons. It may be of some value.

73

Ed W3NR

Chickamauga, GA

Debian GNU/Linux