[pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting

  • From: Christian Wagner <wagnerschristian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:32:20 -0400

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:04:54 +1100
> Subject: [pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting
> From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> I will start with the end as it will put the other explanations in context:
>
> A. I would use a mode that does not care too much about frequency
> accuracy and does not use automatic frequency control like THOR22 or
> even THOR11. Since both these modes can be used by the European and
> North-American servers and they are very robust I think this is your
> best bet........<snip>

Thanks John, will try A, B and C tonight.

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 03:29:58 +0100 (CET)
> From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting
>
> Christian,
> the network issue is probably caused by jPSkmail trying to connect to the
> Igate network.
> You can disable the network connection by going to the Igate screen and
> disselecting the
> Igate status ckeck button.
> If there is no network available (which is normal at sea), when jPSKmail will
> try to connect to the
> APRS server, the network socket will wait until the network socket is
> relinquished.
>
> This can take up to 3 minutes.... but jPSKmail will start after the network
> driver gves up...
> You will neee some patience!
>
> Buy try with the  Igate disconnected first...

[pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting

Ok, I think I wasn' very clear in my bugreport. Here it comes again:
The Problem is when I start fldigi- it can't create the arq server.
FLDIGI log:
Q: main: fldigi 3.21.30 log started on Thu Jan 19 14:19:26 2012

Q: log_excluded_modes: RSID (tx) : CW BPSK31 RTTY
Q: log_excluded_modes: CWID      : CW
Q: log_excluded_modes: VIDEOID   : CW BPSK31 RTTY
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS0
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS1
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS2
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS3
E: open_tty: Could not open "/dev/ttyUSB0": Datei oder Verzeichnis
nicht gefunden
E: start: Could not start ARQ server (getaddrinfo: Die Adressfamilie
f?r Hostnamen wird nicht unterst?tzt)
E: start: Could not start XML-RPC server (getaddrinfo: Die
Adressfamilie f?r Hostnamen wird nicht unterst?tzt)
I: do_readfile: Reading 111 bytes from logbook.adif
I: do_readfile: NO RECORDS IN FILE

So, jpskmail has nothing to do with it. It all happens before I start
jpskmail. Of course, If fldigi is in his state, jpskmail complains
about not beeing able to connect to the arq server (which just isn't
there).
The current workaround is tho create an ad-hoc network with the on
board wifi which somehow lets fldigi create a server. It seems to be
quite reliable.

> Rein PJ4/PA0R @ PJ4C

Thanks for all your help, will report my progress.
73, DL3ZFC