[pskmail] Re: State of the windows pskmail server attempt

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:39:04 +0200

Hi,

The status now is that I have started over from the beginning.
My initial attempt was of the brute force kind where I wanted to
overcome as many obstacles as possible as fast as possible.
My idea was that I wanted to find out if it was at all possible and if
so then do the thing properly later.

At the moment I am taking a break as I have come pretty far but have
encountered the wall of perl panic. I have to add more logging to find
out where the issue is.

The server starts up, connects to big ear, connects to fldigi and starts
listening for traffic. It does not connect to aprs and for some strange
reason I have to reset variables here and there...

It's still in the hardcoded state, home is c:\pskmail and program dir is
c:\program\pskmail_server\. I could never get the $ENV{"HOME"} =
$ENV{"USERPROFILE"}; to work or some other thing is making it not load
pskmailrc.pl etc. I could only get it to work with absolute paths.

But, I now have a perl panic to handle so somewhere something is not
happy. Doesn't say where...:-(.

73 de Per, sm0rwo