[pskmail] Re: Some test on interface to APRS viewer

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:41:29 +0100

Il 26/12/2010 11:28, Pär Crusefalk ha scritto:

I can not replicate this. But, I can see how you could get there:

I apologize for delay in my answer but I was out all day long.

There are steps needed for reproduce the error.

1) start fldigi
2) start jpsjmail
3) leave off your RTX and Xastir
4) open menu -> edit -> preferences in jpskmail and you can see DSR on
   PTT com port ON, i.e. RTX in tx mode

For recovering from this step you need to click on Tune in Fldigi (tune go to on) and another click on Tune in Fldigi put RTX on tx off

Now go to jpskmail preferences, uncheck Enable for APRS server and save preferences. Exit from jpsmail.

Control, opening configuration.xml file in ~/.pskmail dir, that key <APRSSERVER> is off, start jpsmail and in menu -> edit ->preferences you can see that APRS server is enabled. No possibility to disable APRS server.

There is no external aprs server, its all built in to jpskmail so if you
close jpskmail then you have no aprs server.

But I can start jpskmail (APRS server) and no client (no Xastir).

Yes, after a clean restart you would not have disconnected socket
sessions.

So I need Xastir on and running when, in connected mode,I get APRS record from server?

My parents are up so I have restarted my server, it should be fine on
30/20 or 17 meters for you.

Your server is on 24925. at minute 0, 10147 at minute 1 2 3 and 18106 at minute 4, according to server table. Is correct? I will try tomorrow morning.

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW