[pskmail] Re: Some test on interface to APRS viewer

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 19:11:37 +0100

Il 27/12/2010 18:25, Franco Spinelli ha scritto:

So, at opening configuration panel, there is a call to rxtx library for
device query also if "GPSENABLED" is set to "no".

I am not a java programmer so I apologize for any mistake.

In optionsdialog.java there is a

public optionsdialog(......

and

           // setup serial port list if gpsd is not running or not used.
            if (!Main.HaveGPSD )
                getComPorts();

So I have no GPS and no GPSD. I think that this code go to getComPorts() if HaveGPSD is false. But getComPorts() get a list of Com ports and (I suppose) access Com port.
I think that this list need to be obtained only if GPSENABLED is set.

Or I am bad in reading java code?

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW