[pskmail] Some map ideas

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:23:04 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on the map tab and I have a few ideas for what to do there.
I just figured I should just write them down here and see what else you
would like to see or if any of these are not that interesting?
Anyway, all suggestions are welcome.

Here is what I have in mind now:
- Display own position
- Move map to own position
- Display incoming aprs data, both direct and rebroadcast by server
- When selecting another track (station) it should show:
  * Heading and distance to the track, "send aprs message", rebroadcast
rcvd data
- Right click on the map should show menu where user can:
        * Update own position manually
        * Send position to other station, like "meet here" or "beware here"
        * Request grib file weather data for position
- Display grib file data
- Make map source selectable: