[pskmail] Server's timeouts at connect time (V1.4.14)

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:02:36 +1100

Rein, Per,

During my testing for the Beta release of AndPskmail I have found that if I
request a slow TX mode for the server AND it misses the first exchange then
the resulting modes downgrades always results in the connect to fail.

In closer examination the reason is that the timeout count starts from when
the response frame from the server is queued in Fldigi and not when is has
finished being sent by Fldigi.

Therefore the available time before timeout is a combination of both the
speed of the server's TX as well as the wait for the client's response,
when it should be exclusively the second one only.

Is there a variable that reflects the end of TX so that the timeout count
can start at the right time?

Version tested is 1.4.14.

73, John