[pskmail] Servers syncronization

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:41:47 +0100

Today, after a long stop, I have done some test on new 2.0.24 client on my new installation of Ubuntu 12.04.

All is working OK but there is a persistent problem on syncronization of servers.

In my QTH I can listen many servers.

If I do a ping, I get 3 or 4 overlapped response and no one decoded.
If I send a beacon, I get two QSL from DL4OAH and EA3GLL-3 but on aprs.fi I am updated by DL9YCS. So QSL from DL9YCS is overlapped by QSL from DL4AOH and not decoded.

How we can do a server syncronization to avoid all of this problems?
Other system remove this problem using a different frequencies for every server. Pskmail use a standard frequency. This is good but need a server syncronization. And also a mode for get server frequencies, fixed and scanning, from WEB and/or from radio.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW