[pskmail] Re: Server stomping on client.

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 19:25:09 +1000

Steve,

The server is the master therefore only the server can talk over the client
from a timeout perspective.

So only two possibilities:

1. The client responds before the end of the server's TX. That is possible
with some modes like MFSK modes where the decoding can happen before the
end of TX. Solution for that is the increase in client TXDelay but 2
seconds is enough in my opinion.

2. The server does not wait until the client's response. Since the client
is slave it will wait indefinitely until the server tells it to respond. I
suspect that is the case here since you say they talk over each other.

The only reasons I know of which would create that is if

a) the server has not received the frame all together from the client and
times out or b) it has missed the SOH as reported by your log extract and
it timesout or c)the client is way to slow to respond. The delay between
the client's EOT showing on the screen and the TX should not be more than
the client's TX delay plus about 1 or 2 seconds, so max 4 seconds in your
case.

It could be also a combination of b) and c). Give us some approximate
timing values between EOT as seen on the receiving side and start of TX.

Also, what modes have you tried? Can you restrict the mode list to PSK500R
only and try.

73, John