[pskmail] Server security worries

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:02:25 +0200

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that for quite a while now I have had
some break in attempts at the server (subversion and pskmail etc). Its
not been too bad and I have been able to handle it with a temporary
blacklist after each attempt (automated). The attempts have accelerated
and during the weekend there was a really dedicated effort to brute
force some of the ports. I say dedicated as the effort was blacklisted
and after that expired it started again and again and so on...
I have now permanently blacklisted some ISP:s, so if you are in asia and
have trouble then pse just let me know.