[pskmail] Re: Server live CD: autostart strategy

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:21:49 +0100

Hi Rein and all,

Thank you very much for all your testing and reporting on the live cd!
Your posts were full of stuff that I need to look into. The missing
things, sshd, are easy to install and drakclock is something I will
look into indeed. Regading hibernation and other problems on your compaq
I have no clue at the moment really. Perhaps I should disable apm/acpi
as it is a server cd (servers shouldn't go to sleep).

Your startup scripts are also great, will add those for sure! I haven't
looked into them yet but I will indeed.

I was also thinking of adding apache/php to have the gmfsk monitor page
in there as well (I mean this: http://www.crusefalk.se/gmfsk.php ).
Perhaps I should add the email gateway as well (to enable remote control
by email). Those things come at a prize: size...

I was also thinking about adding a "pskmail update" script. That script
could fetch the latest from subversion. Perhaps we need to tag versions
in the repository to make sure that the experimental stuff stays off the
servers.

Again, thanks for your testing and information!