[pskmail] Re: Server issues

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:57:02 +0200 (CEST)

Eric,

BigEar is only used in Europe. It tries to make sure the servers on
10148 (sometimes we have 6 servers there) don't tx on top of each other.
As in the US we have only a few servers BigEar looks at the
geo location of the server, and yours is outside...

2nd, the error messages show that the server cannot read the config file
(the $freq_offset is read from the config file, and when it is not read it is
not initialized...).

With regard to the fldigi log file, pse look at the fldigi documentation:

Rx/Tx Capture File
Everytime you start or stop fldigi that event is recorded in a daily log file.
The daily log is name as:

flidigYYYYMMDD.log

where YYYYMMDD is the current GMT date.  This log will also contain your entire
session of Rx and Tx data annotated as to activity and timestamped.  Here is a
small example of the daily log:

--- Logging started at Tue Dec 30 11:37:21 2008 UTC ---

RX (2008-12-30 11:37Z): o ur property. No pwr even for a day is rough.
TX (2008-12-30 11:39Z):
TX (2008-12-30 11:39Z): CQ CQ CQ de W1HKJ W1HKJ W1HKJ
TX (2008-12-30 11:40Z): CQ CQ CQ de W1HKJ W1HKJ W1HKJ pse k

RX (2008-12-30 11:40Z): mG sk

--- Logging stopped at Tue Dec 30 11:48:11 2008 UTC ---
This log is appended to with each start and stop.  That means that no data is
ever overwritten.

The problem here is that the log file name changes every time you start/stop
fldigi.
Some people link the dayly log to 'fldigi.log'.

Hope this helps,

Rein PA0R