[pskmail] Server installation of version 0.2.3

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:37:55 +0200

The SSL version of the server needs a perl module called
Mail::POP3Client. This in turn needs IO::Socket::SSL which is based on
NET::SSLeay, which needs a manually compiled version of openssl (binary
will not do, as Net::SSLeay needs to be compiled on the same compiler).

The procedure is not easy but doable, at least on UBUNTU dapper....

Here is the plan:

get OpenSSL-0.9.7d.tar.gz from http://www.openssl.org/
copy to home dir (~/)
cd ~/ (home dir)
untar the archive and cd into it...
sudo bash (all stuff hereafter as root...)
./config
make
make test
make install

* Version OpenSLL-0.9.8d is broken, it took me 1 day to find out. That's
why you need an older version. You MUST compile this on the serveer
machine, a binary (via synaptic or rpm) will NOT work.

cpan Net::SSLeay
cd ~/.cpan/build/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.30
./Makefile.PL
make
make install

* You may have to make a link in /usr/local/bin to the perl interpreter:
in case it cannot find the interpreter. This may be different on your
distribution:

cd /usr/local/bin
ln /usr/bin/perl perl

cd ~ (home directory)
cpan IO::Socket::SSL

cpan Mail::POP3Client

-done-

Please try this and report any anomalies to the list, I can only test
this with UBUNTU (dapper and breeay).