[pskmail] Re: Server and client without a radio

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:58:25 +0100

Il 28/01/2011 14:47, Rein Couperus ha scritto:
Conditions are pretty bad today, 0 sunspots at the moment.

Your planned setup is correct, you need to make sure the audio levels are
not too high on both sides...

Setup of the server should be not too difficult, normally the only config
items are the server callsign, the name of the smtp server you want to use,
and the APRS location data (in APRS format).

Test was all OK.

I have installed server on a PC, put two mike on speakers and made a connection!

Now, after my test, I have a functional setup for using Evolution as mail client. Thunderbird work same.

I can read mails received with pskmail in Evolution and I can send mail composed in Evolution to pskmail Outbox. When I connect to pskmail server I send email from Outbox as usual.

Setup is working on Linux with Postfix and a little program in Python automatically called from Postfix. This little program read mail from Postfix on stdin and write a file in ~/.pskmail/Outbox in pskmail format.

If needed I can send my setup config files and Python program.
Let me know how.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW