[pskmail] Re: Server Problems

  • From: ve7cus@xxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:55:45 -0700

Per,

I changed my permissions to the same as yours but I still have the same error results for a new user database. Also, when I start a new database it is not in the rflinkusers folder but in my home folder. There is a DB in the folder but this is not the one accesssed by the user_db.pl. Everything works except sending mail as the smtp in the db cannot be found.

Darrel

On Aug 10, 2006, at 11:58 AM, pskMail mailing list wrote:

Hi,

Well, as Rein wrote it I guess he will know instantly what is wrong...
Anyway, it looks like the split fails as it is trying to split what is
read from the database (it read nothing). I can only imagine that the
database is either empty, broken or you have no right to read from it.
If you enter "ls -l" in that directory, what is returned?
Here's the output from my server:

per@stinkpad:~/rflinkusers$ ls -l
totalt 28
-rwx------ 1 per per 12288 2006-08-10 19:14 rflink_users.db
-rwx------ 1 per per 12288 2006-08-09 19:31 rflink_users.db.template
-rwx------ 1 per per  3899 2006-08-09 19:31 user_db.pl

I don't know what ur user is called but I presume its darrel.
A "chmod 700 *" and then a "chown darrel:darrel *" should put your files
in the same state as mine. Did that help ?

73 de Per
sm0rwo

tor 2006-08-10 klockan 19:01 +0200 skrev pskMail mailing list:
Hi Per,

After playing around with your suggestion for correcting my server
problems I cannot open the user database now. Here is what I get.

Station callsign: VE7CUS
Use of uninitialized value in split at /home/darrel/rflinkusers/
user_db.pl line 36, <STDIN> line 1.

Commands for VE7CUS:
1: Pop host =
2: Pop user =
3: Pop password =
Use of uninitialized value in split at /home/darrel/rflinkusers/
user_db.pl line 69, <STDIN> line 1.
4: SMTP server =
5: From address =
Use of uninitialized value in split at /home/darrel/rflinkusers/
user_db.pl line 87, <STDIN> line 1.
6: Mail file = /var/mail/VE7CUS
7: APRS password =
9: Delete callsign
0: Exit

Command nr: 0

What am I doing wrong?

Darrel

On Jun 18, 2006, at 4:22 AM, pskMail mailing list wrote:

Hi All,

Just home from sailing, tried to reply using my cellphone but I cant
find that
answer here so here we go again.

II haven't looked at that part in a while but it used to be necessary,
try anyway
and make sure the user running rflinkserver has the proper rights in
that folder
(just "chown uruser:uruser *" and "chmod 666 *").
Hope that helps, I can look into this further if that didn't help.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!

       http://lyrics.astraweb.com