[pskmail] Server Instructions?

  • From: Rob Frohne <frohro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:37:14 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I guess I was too optimistic about how long it would take me to get a
PSKmail server up and running.  I can run fldigi just fine, and (using
Hardy 8.04) I got pskmail server installed with the two scripts ok, but
running pskmail_server doesn't seem to start fldigi.  There seem to be a
lot of old documentation on the wiki, that doesn't seem to match the
latest versions of PSKmail or I'm really dense, which is quite likely.
We are headed out on our first little jaunt here for five days, so I may
not be able to do much until after I get back, but any hints would be
welcome.

Also,  haven't tried to connect to another server from my client yet.
IPSKMail Wiki sent in a request several days ago to the as described on
the pskmail.org web page for a account, but I haven't heard back yet.  I
guess I'll play with plain old PSK31 instead of PSKMail this vacation.

73.

Rob, KL7NA